Monday 11 April 2011

My big routine plans

I love the idea of routine charts, I love the idea of being organised and the feeling that I’m somehow managing to cover all my bases with the kids. The library book on Wednesday, the multitude of permission and notice letters that have to go back to school, the show and tell Mondays, The Playgroup days, Bible study days, Sunday school roster, park play days, washing, craft for the younger ones, zumba, … well you get the picture. 
 But somehow it never seems to work in practice. We have a sleep chart and a chore chart but to be honest I really don’t keep them up, the sleep chart was a dismal failure and only managed to show me how much I just give in and let them into my bed. So I am determined to get my butt back into gear and really get this family back into routine. I love my chore chart, it has magnetic pictures for what jobs they need to do and themed ones to tick off what they’ve done each day. So I really want something similar as a routine chart. I found this at www.thetoybug.com.au and I’m so inspired to give it a go, Although convincing my husband that I really will actually do this one might be a challenge, but I’m determined to be one of those mum’s who actually have time to do more than brush their hair, before I fly out the door.
So wish me luck next time you see me I’ll be calm, collected, manicured and organised. J

No comments:

Post a Comment