Saturday 5 May 2012

Things I am thankful for..... cliche I know



So finally I am back online, the dust is settling from our two moves this year, with the two new schools, new playgoups, new roads to learn and culture to adapt to. But I think finally it's beginning to feel like home, and seeing as I am such an Eeyore girl and manage to see the greyness in everything I thought i would list the things I am thankful for... a little cliche I know but hey when you're not born with rose tinted glasses a girls gotta start somewhere. :)


So I'm thankful that kids can adapt so quickly we've really changed their lives alot this year, before we came here, they'd never been on a train or bus, didn't understand the concept of a traffic jam or what a motorway was or that you  probably wouldn't see at least two or three people you knew at the local playground. But now they swipe their go cards like pro's can hail a bus and know when mumma says she's merging onto the motorway they really should zip it.


I'm thankful that so many people have been kind and thoughtful and patient with us as we adjusted to the city and then again to the southside. So many people have dropped by meals, helped unpack the truck or offered to watch my crazy, beautiful munchkins. I'm not sure they knew what they were getting themselves in for but, hey, that just make me more thankful.



And I am thankful that none of my Eeyore predictions of crashing the removalist truck, my kids drawing texta all over the newly carpeted rental in rebellion or my children hating me for moving them from their friends and family have come true. Because really as satisfying as "I told you so" can be I really dont like being right about more drama!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're coping real well. What if's can be handy, but not when they take over your life. Remember to list your blessings whenever the Eeyore predictions start to take over :-D Luv ya cous!

    ReplyDelete