Friday 18 March 2011

Photo-shoot mum.


My little man, from the last time I gave
into a 'free photo-shoot'

Is there anything more amusing than a mum trying to get her kids to smile for the camera?
Yesterday we were cornered by one of those photographers than park in the middle of the walkway and pounce on unsuspecting mothers and their children. Even though i kindly informed them that my littlest was quite sick (the only reason we were in the shops was to buy antibiotics) they convinced me to give it a go as today was their 'free sitting day'.
I couldn't refuse the looks my older two looked up at me as they spied the costumes, hats and toys the girls used to get the perfect picture.  So I agreed and the older two quite happily got changed and their hair fixed up for their photo shoot.
 My littlest was not going to let them win her over though. She let me change her into a matching dress to her big sister, but that was it!
 Bubbles, peek-a-boo, feather dusters or stickers was not going to get anywhere with her. So here I am holding my little girl in her matching outfit talking up the photos, over reacting everytime bubbles were blown, "Oh wow look at that bubble, her it comes, ah pop" "Oh what a silly feather duster does it tickle" and acting like a complete crazy person, trying to get her interested enough to give it a try.
But no luck so we got our photos done and our appointment to get the free one and look over the others if we want to buy any (I doubt it the whole pack would cost over $700)
Got changed back into our old clothes and turned to trundle off, to find we apparantly made such a show that we had a little audience, filled with other mum's talking in the same high pitched voice I was, encouraging their little ones to give it a go,
 "Come on sweet, they looked like they had so much fun, what a funny little toy"

Well at least I'm not alone.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, you've started a blog!! It looks great :) Thought I'd be your first follower and commenter ... welcome to the fun, encouraging, inspirational and very addictive world of blogging :)

    ReplyDelete